Who would have thought about the endless possibilities for meals that feature a whole head of roasted cauliflower? I wouldn’t have, but I’m going to share some of my favorites momentarily…
Seriously, this head is full of flavor and somewhat resembles a small roasted bird… but forget the feathers and opt for this plant-based alternative!
I cranked the oven to 400°F for this one.
- 2 heads of cauliflower, washed and leafs stripped (sometimes you have to trim the stem so it lies flat in the roasting pan).
- 1 cup grapeseed, canola or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- fresh sprigs of thyme
Roasted cauliflower directions: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Next, coat your roasted pan/dish with oil. Set the whole cauliflower head in the pan, with the stem side down. In a mixing bowl, combine the oil and spices to create a marinade. Coat the cauliflower heads with the spice/oil mixture. Cook in oven for 1 hour. Check the cauliflower’s progress by inserting a knife into the center – the cauliflower is cooked when it is “fork tender”. Remove the cauliflower from the oven and slice into “steaks” to serve.
A few cauliflower-meal inspired ideas:
- Cauliflower tacos… the texture is similar to fish tacos! What a great alternative instead. Serve on hard tacos for a crunchy twist and top with chopped cabbage and roasted corn.
- Cauliflower and potato latke’s (checkout the recipe that is featured for this)
- Roasted cauliflower gyro with greek veggies served on a pita
- Roasted cauliflower soup – heat up the leftover cauli’s with veggie broth and a milk alternative. Toss in some spices to keep the flavor bold. Blend with an immersion blender for a silky finish.
- Toss with a bowl of pasta and your favorite sauce
The possibilities are endless and delicious. Give plants a chance!